18 Sep Connecting the V4 and other regional expert networks
A joint project on interregional connections and coalitions implemented by V4 organizations.
Although the Visegrad Group is perceived as a strong regional player, it has not been very successful in building broader coalitions, even regarding topics it considers to be a priority. This position may result from an insufficient communication with other multilateral regional platforms within the EU.
It is in the V4’s interest to be actively involved in cooperation with other regional groupings and create V4+ coalitions and thus positively contribute to the future of the EU.
The project intends to build inter-regional connections across the EU through connecting V4 and other regional expert networks and thus research concrete potential for the future EU coalitions.
Planned project activities include:
- Four working sessions of V4 experts, in cooperation with experts from other regions and local stakeholders. The workshop outputs will be summarized in policy briefs, written and published by project partners.
- An international expert conference in Prague, followed up by a summarizing policy paper.
- An expert international roundtable presentation of the project deliverables.
Read the final paper here:
- Romana Březovská and Vendula Karásková (AMO): The Future_of_Europe_What_role_for_the_V4? (July 2021)
Find the four policy briefs below:
- Vendula Karásková (AMO): Connecting V4 and other regional expert networks & researching potential for future EU coalitions: V4 & Benelux (December 2020).
- Dániel Varga (CEID): Connecting V4 and other regional expert networks & researching potential for future EU coalitions: V4 & Baltics (February 2021)
- Kamil Jarończyk, Wojciech Przybylski, Edit Zgut (Res Publica Foundation / Visegrad Insight): Connecting V4 and other regional expert networks & researching potential for future EU coalitions: V4 & Nordic states (April 2021)
- Tomáš Strážay (SFPA): Connecting V4 and other regional expert networks & researching potential for future EU coalitions: V4, Croatia, Slovenia & the EU enlargement in the Western Balkans (May 2021)
More on the project on Association for International Affairs‘ website: http://www.amo.cz/en/connecting-v4-and-other-regional-expert-networks/
This project is supported by the International Visegrad Fund. The project partners include Slovak Foreign Policy Association (SFPA, Slovakia), Visegrad Insight (Res Publica Foundation, Poland) and the Centre for Euro-Atlantic Integration and Democracy (CEID, Hungary).
- Vendula Karásková, Project Manager, AMO – email@example.com
- Dániel Varga, Project Associate, CEID – firstname.lastname@example.org
(Photo credit: EurActive)